The third and final act of Doctor Horrible is online. It will be available until the end of the weekend, and then it'll be gone. Never to re-appear, unless, y'know, you buy the DVD, download it off itunes or illegally pirate it.... erm. Well, if you want to watch it legally and for free you have this weekend.
It did feel like there should be more.... maybe there will be?
Highspots without spoilers:
- 'She's got that quiet, nerdy thing, not my usual, but nice.'
- We get to see Bad Horse!
- Grr, Argh! is back.
Previous posts on Dr. Horrible
Posts on other sites
- Joss Whedon's Master Plan
- Ctrl Alt Del in which we learn that "If you're not watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, you have my sympathies for that brain tumor that makes you dumb" and that Ethan quite likes the idea of Captain Tightpants playing Batman.
- PeterDavid laments the lack of a bouncing ball in a 'singalong' blog.
- dgcatanisiri reviews act 3 (with spoilers). It talks about something I wanted to include but that I couldn't comment on without making this post spoilerish.
- I also find myself in agreement with CleoTheMuse about Act 3, though Joss has a tendency to do this sort of thing - look at Anya in Buffy or indeed Wash in Serenity.
- Variety on Doctor Horrible and the post-strike environment for screenwriters.
- Monica Valentinelli writes about the Doctor Horrible Miniseries (and was a lot better at remembering how Whedon ends things than I was)
- Royce speculates on a Sequel (I too have looked at how frickin' popular this thing is, and hope that a sequel happens - I wouldn't like to leave it where it is now). With a sequel, the whole thing could then be made into a feature film (there are 45 mins ish in the can, so with another 45 a film could happen). Dr. Horrible in the Cinema, anyone?