Format It takes place over five days. Day 1 took place on Friday 20th August. Day 2 is today, Day 3 is a week saturday. These are the pool games and are all played at the Surrey Sports Park in Guildford. Following that, on the 1st September is the semi final, and the final is on the 5th September. These games are played at the Stoop (with playoffs at Guildford).
|Pool 1||Pool 2||Pool 3|
Results So Far
|12:00||Pool C||Canada 37-10 Scotland||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|14:00||Pool A||Wales 12-26 Australia||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
|14:15||Pool B||USA 51-0 Kazakhstan||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|16:15||Pool A||New Zealand 55-3 South Africa||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
|16:30||Pool C||France 15-9 Sweden||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|18:30||Pool B||England 27-0 Ireland||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
|12:00||Pool A||Wales - South Africa||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|14:00||Pool C||France - Scotland||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
|14:15||Pool C||Canada - Sweden||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|16:15||Pool A||New Zealand - Australia||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
|16:30||Pool C||USA - Ireland||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 2), Guildford|
|18:30||Pool B||England - Kazakhstan||Surrey Sports Park (Pitch 1), Guildford|
- The tournament will be on Sky Sports (I'll be watching it in person!), and later will be online. Some matches will be streamed line today.
- Tickets can be printed off at home. Note that on Day 1, tickets were sold out and they were turning people away, so if you plan on coming later in the day, I recommend getting the ticket online
- The Tournament Twitter feed is here
- Scrumqueens will likely have updates
Day 1 was a little drizzly, and parking was difficult. I had to park in the University pay and display (over six quid!) - so today it'll be bicycle. The day was really enjoyable, a lot of Rugby, though! Some games were hopelessly mismatched (New Zealand owned South Africa) - but when it was good, it was very, very good.
My plan for the day
- I'll probably miss the start as I'm really trying to make headway on an Open University essay, but for Wales vs. South Africa, I'll probably support South Africa, they were so dominated by New Zealand it was silly!
- I'll probably go for Canada vs Sweden next. Canada beat Scotland convincingly and France beat Sweden, but that could have gone the other way - I think this should be closer than France vs Scotland.
- Then I'll watch the opening of New Zealand vs Australia (I expect New Zealand to win) - and will probably transfer over to USA vs. Ireland. As the latter match is in the same group as England, I'll be supporting Ireland
- England vs. Kazakhstan is the finale. If England don't win convincingly here it'll be a travesty (having seen USA vs Kazakhstan and England vs Ireland).