The game between Scotland and Wales was by far the most entertaining game of the weekend for me. Scotland in losing looked better than England did in winning yesterday - but they were totally dominated by Wales.
There were some excellent patterns of play, at times the Welsh seemed to go through the Scots like a knife through butter. England will have their work cut out for them in the next week if Saturday is to be anything other than embarrassing.
Obviously, I want England to beat Wales - but I'm glad I've got that compensation bet on; on the basis of the first round it does seem that my money is in the right place!
Next Saturday at 3pm, it will be France vs. Scotland. On the basis of this week's games, I think this'll be close - but I think it'll go to France. At 5pm it'll be Wales vs. England. I'll be supporting England, but I think Wales will dominate. On Sunday, at 2:30pm, Italy will play Ireland. I think Ireland will take the honours there.
Let's make some more predictions, which are quite pessimistic for someone who supports England:
- Scotland will keep hold of the Calcutta Cup, denying England (prediction was changed on 20th March, 2009)
- Ireland will keep the Centenery Quaich, denying Scotland
- France will keep the Giuseppe Garibaldi Trophy, denying Italy
- Ireland will take The Millennium Trophy from England (this prediction was wrongly changed on the 14th Feb 2009)
- Wales will win the Triple Crown
- Italy will not only win the wooden spoon, but they'll be Whitewashed
- Wales will win the overall title, getting another Grand Slam in the process
Do you agree?