It's time to link to something I've been fiddling with on and off for some time. I present the 'UK Political Blog' or 'UKPoliBlog'. Essentially it collects feeds from a variety of sources (always linking to the original) and presents them in a format which provides a 'cross section' of the news.
Each column is by, or about, a particular party. The three main UK parties have their own columns, the fourth column is everything else.
- An obvious way to suggest feeds
- A master RSS feed (I can't see a straightforward way to preserve the 'cross section' concept)
- There are precious few feeds for some columns (e.g. official labour rss feeds, feeds about minor parties, etc)
- Some of the feeds don't validate as the source feeds don't correctly encode & as & - I can't find an automatic way to fix that
- I would also like to automatically remove old items from the database once they fall off the main page. I have no idea how to do this.