The website discusses the following points:
- An ID scheme won't stop terrorists
- An ID scheme will not control illegal immigration
- An ID scheme won't enable you to have anything you do not already have
- An ID scheme will cost billions in taxpayers money and achieve nothing
- An ID scheme will mean your most intimate details will be controlled by the government forever
- An ID scheme will cost everyone £75 every year
Many people will see this flash animation as being 'over the top', but the final message, 'Maybe you trust this government... but what about 5 or 10 governments time?' is a valid one.
Breaking News: Blunkett has dropped plans to combine the ID card with Driving Licenses and Passports. I wrote to my MP on the sneakiness of this proposal last week, I have yet to receive a detailed reply.